Grestec Tiles Ltd recognises that its business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have a significant impact in the key areas of:
- Procurement, importing, storage and distribution of products for commercial and residential construction sectors.
The organisation recognises that it has a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever it has an opportunity to do so, to be a responsible neighbour, and to provide a comfortable environment for its employees to work in.
As such, the Directors of Grestec Tiles are committed to the following:
- Continual improvement in the environmental impact of its business activities;
- Improving the environmental benefits provided by its products and services;
- Preventing pollution;
- Complying with all relevant legal, customer, and other third party requirements;
- Establishing measurable environmental and business objectives that are consistent with the context and strategic direction of the organisation and addressing risks and opportunities associated with them;
- Achieving objectives to help minimise its environmental impact;
- Adopting best practices applicable to its activities wherever practicable.
The organisation will achieve these commitments by:
- Implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001:2015;
- Employing processes that identify the aspects of the organisation’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect;
- Maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable the organisation’s objectives to be achieved;
- Ensuring that its employees, suppliers and customers are aware of their role in supporting the organisation’s commitments and environmental objectives;
- Training its employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives;
- Strive to integrate and continue with best environmental practises into all aspects of our business operations;
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing waste generation and by segregation and recycling waste where feasible.
- Commit to procure product collections that have recycled content where possible.
- Continually monitoring the environmental impact of its business activities.
The implementation of this policy is fundamental to the success of the organisation’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.
This policy is publicly available to interested external parties upon request.