Grestec Tiles Ltd is an environmentally conscious company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our importing, storage and distribution of ceramic, porcelain, glass and natural stone tiles operations may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by the Directors who fully support its implementation. The Directors in co-ordination with the Environmental Management Representative are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the company.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. This has been facilitated through the setting of environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects. These objectives will be documented, allocated targets and programmes and be periodically monitored and reviewed. The results of which are communicated throughout the Company and to our suppliers where appropriate.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that we:
• Comply with all environmental legislation and other requirements, including, codes of practise and guidance produced by regulatory bodies, relating to our environmental aspects.
• Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
• Work towards implementing an environmental management system (EMS) that complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004, as defined within the scope of our EMS.
• Prevent pollution to the environment, and strive to integrate environmental best practise into our business operations.
• Minimise waste to landfill by reducing waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
• Co-ordinate business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, as far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the Directors and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions will be archived and are available upon request.
This policy statement is displayed on site. It is publicly available upon reasonable request by any interested part.